For those joining us for the first time, here a few advises beforehand:
Zouk is a modern couple dance and great to meet new people and make friends. In the dance community we follow an etiquette of approaching each other with respect. If you are just on the lookout to meet girls, this is probably not the right environment for you. If you are seriously interested to learn and enjoy dancing, then you are most welcome to join us.
Few things you may want to know before joining your first dance class:
- Please come 10-15 mins early to register and pay for the class and don’t miss the start of the class, as we teach very important things right from the beginning. We also do a warm up and stretching, which is essential to maintain flexibility and avoid injuries.
- Wear comfortable shoes, e.g. Latin/Ballroom or Jazz dance shoes, but you don’t need to buy special dance shoes for the first few classes. For men the shoes should have a flexible and no sticky rubber sole. For ladies we suggest flat or low heel and smooth sole easy to turn in.
- Please come freshly showered and in fresh clothes, keep chewing gums and deo/perfume with you. It’s a couple dance and we all appreciate that everyone follows a good personal hygiene.
- You do not need to bring a partner, but you can. We always rotate dance partners during the class, so you can improve your leading/following. If you do come with your partner and do not wish to swap, we respect this as well, just let us know.
- Please do not bring your own drinks/water with you. As we teach in clubs only, we encourage a minimum spent of 50 AED/person/night and to buy their beverages from the bar.
If you follow the above, you will surely have great fun and progress quickly in your dancing. We are looking forward to see you!